There are a few things you need to know about this recipe…
1. I am SUPER excited to share it with you, because these cookies are AMAZING.
2. This recipe took multiple attempts and tweaks before I was able to deem them “blog-worthy”- but it was soo worth it.
3. I bought these dino cookie cutters specifically with this project in mind… because I’m a nerd and I get excited about stuff like dinosaur cookie cutters… don’t judge me! You can get yours here
Ready? Let’s do this!
INGREDIENTS ASSEMBLE!: One of the reasons this recipe is so awesome is because of it’s simplicity. 6 ingredients!? Yes Please!
Mold your dough ball into a dough disc for even chilling, wrap with plastic and let your little dough baby chill out for about a half hour. In the mean time, DANCE PARTY. Obviously.
Next roll your dough to about a half-inch thickness. If you’re using any kind of imprinting device, I find it’s easiest to press the design down before you pop your shapes out of the cutters. Feel free to re roll the scraps out for maximum dino shape-age.
If you’ve completed all previous steps successfully, you should have something that looks like this! Congratulations! You’ll be enjoying prehistoric deliciousness in no time!
To the oven! Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, or until you start to see the edges start to turn golden brown and delicious… mmmmmmmmmm.
Transfer to a plate or rack to cool and enjoy with a tall glass of milk. IMPORTANT: As with most shaped delicacies these cookies taste WAY better if you bite the heads off first. It’s like a law of nature or something. Don’t ask me why, just do it!
I can’t believe MatchaMadness is over! It’s been way too cool seeing all the matcha lovers in the Tribe of MakeStuff trying these recipes and projects and posting matcha awesome-ness of your own on Facebook and Instagram. So rad! RAWRRRR!!! (that’s dinosaur for I LOVE YOU)
FULL RECIPE BELOW!
- 1 cup: Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsps: Matcha Powder
- 1 3/4 cup: Flour
- 4: Medium Egg Yolks
- 10 tbsps: Butter (unsalted & room temperature)
- 1Tsp: Vanilla Extract
- Mix matcha powder and powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl with a fork until well combined
- Next cream room temperature butter with whisk attachment in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Switch to the paddle attachment and slowly add the matcha sugar until combined.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl and add the flour in thirds until well combined. Add egg yolks last and mix until fully incorporated.
- Form mixture into a ball and flatten to form a thick disk.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness and cut shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350 for 13-18 minutes or until outer edges start to turn golden brown
- Act out epic battle scenes in which the losing dinosaur gets eaten.